Winter = Cold weather, shorter days, comfort food, more sleep and weight gain…
However, what if we told you that this didn’t have to be the case? What if we told you that the best time to lose weight is in winter? The key is in hibernation and cocooning so you can ‘spring’ out with a slimmer you on Spring day.
Four steps to lose weight in winter
- Step 1: Go for those comfort foods but keep them highly nutritious to nourish your body. Soups are the best way to warm up your body, and since most soups are made with vegetables, you can make sure you increase your vegetable intake this winter.
At Cambridge Weight Plan, we have highly nutritious soups and meals which will not only get you warm but will give your body the full macro and micronutrients it needs so it will automatically burn the fat.
- Step 2: Hydrate your body with hot and cold liquids. That hot tea, coffee and pure warm water will make your cells very happy and get them jumping up and down. Stay hydrated, and your cells will be well nourished with what supposedly is the most significant make-up of the human body.
- Step 3: Make like a bear and hibernate! Cold winter mornings and shorter days mean you can capitalise on sleep. Sleep is one of the catalysts of weight loss and seems to solve everything, wouldn’t you agree?
- Step 4: Repeat the above and automate the process. There is no need to do anything else. We promise you; you don’t need gym this winter… just hibernate and cocoon.
How to lose weight no matter the season:
- Eat a healthy well-balanced diet
- Get quality sleep every night
- Meditate and breathe properly
- Eliminate stress from your life
- Give up smoking
- Cut down on alcohol
- Connect with family and friends
- Maintain good habits, and
- Keep a positive attitude
Contact Cambridge Weight Plan today to learn more about losing weight in winter.