Give this recipe a try this Easter Weekend and lose weight!
Worried about those Easter eggs and other chocolatey goods over the weekend? Don’t worry! We have an easy and filling recipe that won’t see you reaching for that extra chocolate egg and is brilliant for your weight loss.
This quick and easy meal for one is surprisingly filling and won’t leave you feeling hungry. It’s packed with crunchy vegetables – don’t be tempted to overcook them, they should retain their crispness and ‘bite’.
Serves: 1 Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes Calories: 200kcals
- 1 x 100g tuna steak, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Spray oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 50g fresh baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
- 40g mange tout, cut in half
- 50g tenderstem broccoli, cut into pieces
- Freshly grated black pepper
- A few sprigs fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and diced
- Cut the tuna steak into thin strips and place in a bowl with the teriyaki sauce lime zest and juice. Add a grinding of black pepper. Stir gently to coat the tuna in the marinade, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 10–15 minutes.
- Lightly spray a wok or deep frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the spring onions, garlic, sweetcorn, mange tout and broccoli and stir-fry briskly for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the tuna and the marinade to the pan and toss gently with the vegetables. Stir-fry for 2–3 minutes depending on how well cooked you like your tuna. The vegetables should be slightly tender but still a little crisp.
- Transfer to a warm serving bowl, sprinkle with the herbs and chilli and serve immediately.
If you found this article useful please share.