Are you planning to start a Cambridge Weight Plan business from home? It may seem overwhelming to think about setting up office and getting going. Where do you start?
Here are 3 practical tips to help you to successfully run a home business:
- Make your office space your own – In other words, demarcate your office space. Whether it’s in a small study area or a space at your dining room table or even in your bedroom, you must decide on what you need to make it a place where you can enjoy the space while running a productive business. Is it in an area of your home where there is little noise and away from the daily disruptions? Are there plug points, is there enough room to comfortably set up a laptop, and is there easy access to wifi? Give your space final decorative touches to turn your office into your personal work haven.
- Separate personal life from professional life – This means setting business hours in your home. If you decide on 9am to 4pm, then be disciplined about these hours. Start a routine in the morning prior to your starting time which includes dressing for work (don’t live in your pyjamas). If you have children, let them know that you will be working from home. Show them your office space and let them know that they need to knock or ask if they can come in. Make it fun for them by telling them to “book an appointment or meeting” with you. It’s important to have strict boundary lines between your personal time and work time. By doing this, you will quickly begin to run a professional business from home. Remember to knock off at a set time. Create a work-life balance.
- All the right equipment – In order for you to run your Cambridge Weight Plan business smoothly and efficiently, you will need to make sure you have the following in place when you set up:
1. Laptop, tablet and phone
2. A shelving unit to display and store your products
3. After lockdown you may want to acquire an accurate scale, for weighing your clients, as well as an infrared thermometer (to read your clients’ temperatures) and a stock of hand sanitizer.
The best thing about running a Cambridge Weight Plan business from your home is you can work pretty much anywhere, even from your living room or bedroom. Since the pandemic, gone are the typical rules of ‘office space’ – it’s no longer about physical space dictating your brand reputation.
Are you ready to start your Cambridge Weight Plan business from home? Now is the best time to start, while the trend is to stay home and work from home. Click here to find out how you can become an accredited Independent Cambridge Weight Plan Consultant .